theBalm Highlighter, Shadow & Shimmer
1. theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter, Shadow & Shimmer - Gold
Product description: Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches everybody's eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow.
- Adds a subtle glow to your face.
- Subtle shimmer that highlights your face beautifully.
- Can be used as a highlighter and eye shadow.
- Long lasting wear.
- Talc-free and Paraben-free.
2. theBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer Highlighter, Shadow & Shimmer - Pink
Product Description: Girly and all-pretty! An all-in-one essential, this smart shadow, beautiful blush and subtle highlighter is tucked inside a go-anywhere compact by theBalm. The light-reflecting peachy pink hue adds a splash of color to your cheeks and a hint of shimmer to your lids, while illuminating your finest features. - 3-in-1 product - can be used as a highlighter and eye shadow. - Soft peachy-pink shade with soft shimmer that gives subtle glow to your face. - Soft, smooth and silky texture that blends well. - Talc-Free and Paraben-free.
3. theBalm Betty-Lou Manizer Highlighter, Shadow & Shimmer - Brown
Product description: Fake it, don't bake it! Before you head out to relish some well deserved sun, score a faux, sun-kissed glow with theBalm's Betty-Lou Manizer. Betty-Lou is a silky smooth, all-in-one bronzing highlighter, shimmer and shadow. - 3-in-1 product - Bronzer, Highlighter and Eye shadow. - Smooth, satiny texture. - Adds a subtle glow to your face. - Has subtle shimmer that enhances your features. - Intensely pigmented.
Availability: Its available only online at Nykaa,com
PRICE: Rs 2400/- for the TRIO (when I brought it was Rs 2100/-)
Rs 1899/- each individually
Packaging: theBalm is known for its quirky packaging. Its cute and fancy and also sturdy. The palette comes in a slim cardboard box which has the same print and design as the palette inside. The palette is rectangular in shade made of hard cardboard. Inside there are three round pans with their 3 highlighters. It even has a wide mirror on the other side. Its sleek and compact and travel friendly.
Formula: The formula of all three highlighters are the same. They are smooth almost creamy to touch. They are pigmented. They are not chunky or patchy. They give a gorgeous sheeny glow without looking glittery. They are quite buildable. They blend like a dream without emphasizing pores or texture on the skin. You can also use these as eyeshadow as they are so pigmented.
1. Mary-Lou Manizer: Its my personal fav and a cult fav. Its one of the OG highlighter everyone still raves about. Its a soft gold more on the champagne side which suits almost every skin tone. It works for day time as well as night time, as its quite buildable you can go all out glowly.
2. Cindy-Lou Manizer: Its a cool tone blush pink shade. It will suit fair to medium skin tone not deeper skin tone. It looks pink in certain lights and it is very gorgeous and unique color in the highlighter world. You can either mix this with other highlighter to make it cooler or you can you it as a blush topper (which is my fav way to use it).
3. Betty-Lou Manizer: Its the definition of sun kissed glow. Its the perfect warm tone brown shade with gold shimmer which reflects on the skin giving you a glowly bronze look from within. Its the perfect highlight for deeper skin tone. And if you are fair you can always use this like a glowly bronzer or as bronze topper and also like an eyeshadow (which I do on a regular basis as it blends beautifully)
My Experience: I personally love the formula of theBalm highlighters. I got the trio because I wanted to try all and buying all individually seemed too expensive for me. This way I can mix one or two together and get different shades.
My fav obviously is Mary-Lou but sometimes I like mixing Cindy-Lou with it just at the top of my cheeks for the added shift And I use Betty-Lou to make my matte bronzer more glowly and my cheeks to look more sun kissed. As the formula doesn't emphasize texture or pores it looks great on the skin.
theBalm is obviously an expensive brand but I do love the formula therefore I think its a good investment.
I wasn't a big fan of highlighters till I hadn't tried theBalm highlighters. Now I can't stop obsessing .
TIP: You can use either a brush or your fingers or even a wet sponge to apply. My fav way is to take a more precise tappered small fluffy brush to apply when I want more blinding glow. A fluffy brush helps with the blending too. And when I want it more natural I use a fan brush.
If I use this over bare face I take a small wet sponge/ beauty blender and that gives a very natural look. A glow from within.
MY RATING: 💖💖💖💖💖
***If you are interested in only one shade you can always just buy that particular shade. I brought this when it was first launched on Nykaa but I can't find it after they relaunched the brand recently but I'll try to find it on some other page and link it and also link the individuals. After the relaunch the prices of all the products have increased by a big margin.
*****They have a new highlighter shade named Bonnie. The formula is the same but the shade is more gold and warm tone (compared to Mary-Lou) which will suit medium to deep skin tone. Its a little darker for fair skin tone but you can always blend it. Its actually a very perfect shade for Indian beauties.
theBalm is exclusively available on Nykaa.com
YOU CAN FIND THE PRODUCTS ONLINE HERE:
For reference: I have dry to combination (My nose and forehead is oily) and sensitive skin and have pigmentation around my lips and on the outline of my face. I'm not prone to acne but I do get heat boils due to weather change which do leave marks sometimes. I have few blemishes too on my face. I have dark circles under my eyes.*P.S: All opinions are my own and honest. The above mentioned products are bought and paid for by me. What works for me may not work for you. Trying before buying is always recommended. Check out a few reviews till your satisfied."If you have come so far *you get a virtual hug* Thanks for the time and do come back again for more such amazing reviews".